Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 weeks until 6 miles!!

So ... I've updated you on my weekend shenanigans ... and on how my brackets are going  ...  I told you a lot was coming at you this week ... time to update you on the Bridge Run progress. or, should I say lack thereof ...

I was up to about 5 miles a day last week trying to build up speed or whatever it is that you do when you train.

I totally packed running clothes and shoes into my already over packed bag for Florida ... intending to take advantage of new terrain ... and the beach ... get a solid few miles in the morning. Weeeeellll -- I didn't even put my shoes on. Actually I tossed them aside and they sat underneath my sweater, which I also didn't touch thanks to the gorgeous 80* weather.

Funny Seasonal Ecard: Spring is an excellent reminder that I was supposed to get in shape before spring.

SO ... my first run back was Monday ... and it was a painful 3 miles! I'm being realistic in the fact that I do not forsee me making my time of one hour on this run. Lets be honest.

Frustrating? yes.
Disappointing? yes.
Totally my own fault so you shouldn't feel bad for me? probably.

I've started to work with a Personal Trainer (not to be confused with me -- an Athletic Trainer -- people always wonder why I cant train myself?! it's because I'm not a trainer ... I'm an Athletic Trainer.)

Hopefully that will kick start me back to my 5 mile run by the time I head down to Chucktown. My first day was Tuesday and HE KICKED MY BUTT. Holy Moly ... I got through one circuit and had to call it quits. I was supposed to do 3 circuits.

seriously.

SO EMBARRASSING!

I politely looked at him and said "You're going to hate me because I am going to whine...and I am NOT doing another circuit. But I can say, I'll hate you too when I can't walk tomorrow....so lets just call it even" He assured me my first day was better than most and we would work on it from there...

SWEET BABY JESUS. I'm not sure I was cut out for any of this...

I went this morning though and had a much better .... I got through 2 rounds ... but had a March Madness Assembly at school ... and clearly needed to get showered and my Hansbrough jersey on in time.
Plus, I was exhausted.

I'm more excited for Mimosas and Bloodies with Tabor and the gang post race. That will keep my legs going at that 4.5 mile mark ...

No comments: