As we know Dad and Tucker turned 60, so it's not them I'm talking about either.
The Heels have been playing well ... so I'm also not discussing that they've been scoring under 60. (They dropped 87 points on Maryland Sunday night)
I'm talking about minutes. About 6 miles under 60 minutes.
In about a month, we're off to Charleston to run the Cooper River Bridge 10k ... last time I ran it I came in at 1.04 ... this year I want to come in at an hour. I might be crossing that line at 59.59 ... and thats okay.
The way I've been running lately it might be tough ... I run on the treadmill and do well ...but that's flat and I have a TV in front of me... and I try to run outside to get some hills in .. and its dark and cold .. .sometimes I run on the greenway ... but I almost had a panic attack on Sunday as I was running through, around, and dodging children, bikes, ducks ... and other Charlotteans trying to enjoy the sunshine.
I tried to gauge the bikes coming my way to see if I had time to go around the old couple walking in front of me, but while doing that I almost trip over a dog leash that has somehow gotten in front of me ... so do I stop and wait for a clear path? or try to hop around people? It was like Frogger in real life.
I also decided to try and run in a hat for the first time ever and felt half blind as I couldn't see with my head down ... but where else am I supposed to look?! Finally at about 20 or so minutes in ... I decided to turn back and head back to the house. and safety.... but I still got a good 45 mins in.
So I did about 4 miles in 45 minutes. That only leave 15 minutes to bust out the next 2 ... and I realize I'm not too good at Math ... but theres no way I can do 2 miles in 15 minutes.


No comments:
Post a Comment