...even if she has to buy them for herself!!
I walked into Trader Joe's and they had one last bundle - of my favorite flowers, Lillies, on sale in the bucket - so I picked them up and placed them in my vase signed by my 5th graders in the kitchen. I love the way they smell and I think they are just so beautiful.
When Roommate came home and asked who else had given me flowers (my 5th grade class gave me some with my vase a few weeks ago) ... I casually replied "yes, my boyfriend, since he is town this week" ... oddly, I didn't even get a response.
TRUE STORY.
well -- true in the fact that Tyler Hansbrough was in town for the Bobcats v. Pacers game Wednesday night ... not true in the sense that he bought me flowers. or that I have a boyfriend.
But I digress, Tyler was in the Queen City so me and Marianna decided we were going to go and see him. Hard to believe Bobcats/Pacers tickets on a Wednesday night weren't hard to come by ...
yes, that IS a noseplug up his nose ...
Marianna: omg, you need to get up there and try to get to him!
Me: yeah, right, a) i cant ... and b) what do i do if i do...you're stupid. Remember my San Antonio elevator story? I'm not going through that again.
Marianna: at least go and get a hi-five...he's going to walk right by here ... other people are lining up.
i look over to see "other people" and they are a bunch of 7 year olds and a few high schoolers.
Me: uhhh, I am not going to push a 7 year old out of the way so I can get a hi-five.
Marianna: whatever, I totally think you should ...
I look over again and see two girls, with braces still, wearing t-shirts with Tyler's picture on the front...freaking out. and I mean FREAKING out.
Me: I refuse to put myself on that level. I might be imaginary dating him ... but I am not associating with those girls. (while thinking...pshh...those t-shirts are clearly amateur... I can do so much better)
So Tyler walks off...hi-fives EVERYONE sticking their hand over the rail ... even jumped to get the ones high up.... and I looked at Marianna... and said "Dang. I might be a little jealous."
Larry Bird was there too!


No comments:
Post a Comment